Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Your primary role is to provide support to Physicians, Registered Nurses, LPNs, and Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) in the Transplant Procedures Unit.
- Assist with complex procedures.
- Schedule all biopsies and maintain scheduled pts through an Outlook calendar.
- May perform complex diagnostic tests and complex specimen collections.
- Responsible for maintaining tracking of vessels from previous transplant surgeries.
- Provide routine but complex instructions for patient procedures and treatments, as delegated by providers and nurses.
- May assist with complex procedures, requiring knowledge of complex and varied equipment
- Patient intake (i.e. documenting chief complaint, V/S, height, weight). Review and update MiChart as directed.
- Patient follow up for normal and low complexity test results as directed by the provider.
- Assist providers with management of point-of-care alerts for services due. Patient instructions for durable medical equipment and test preparation
- Provide care for patients scheduled on MA schedule (i.e. suture removals, BP, or weight rechecks)
- Process prescription renewals as directed by a provider or RN.
- Medication administration per delegation guidelines or order for oral meds and injections.
- Various tests and procedures.
- Assist in setting self-management goals and follow up on established goals.
- Chronic pain management tasks per protocol (i.e. MAPS report, generating drug screening lab requisitions).
- Vaccine inventory management.
- Order clinical supplies and medications.
· High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) credential.
· Graduation from an accredited medical assistant program. Ability to spell correctly and use proper grammar.
· Able to work in a fast paced customer friendly environment.
· Clinical data entry.
· Adheres to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability, flexibility and consistently shares information and resources with others.
· Documented history of excellent attendance and punctuality.
· Effective time management skills/consistently uses available time effectively.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (e.g. ability to provide and receive constructive feedback, seeks constructive approaches to resolving workplace issues).
· May be required to cross cover other areas.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Works well with minimal supervision.
· Ability to pass customer service quiz and typing skill assessment with 40-45 WPM and with an accuracy of 95% or greater.
You will be required to some moderate standing and walking, as well as lift, position, push, and/or transfer patients.
- Previous experience in Ambulatory Care clinical setting.
Previous experience with MiChart preferred.
Lab monitoring programs.
Knowledge of the University of Michigan policies and procedures.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process maybegin as early as the eighth day after posting.Thisopening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.