Assist in the delivery of direct care and support operational functions in the Operating Rooms/PACU at the Cardiovascular Center.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
- Assist in preparing the O.R. for surgery.
- Assist with patient admission and care.
- Setting up and stocking.
- Pick daily cases.
- Assist with transfer from the Pre-Op Holding to the Operating Room, transfer from Operating Room to PACU and transfer to other units as needed.
- Assist with patient positioning and equipment.
- Assist with preparation of rooms including cleaning, pulling trash, linen and reorganizing to follow surgical procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of surgical equipment and assist with inventory.
- Obtain and deliver supplies and equipment from other departments.
- Ability to lift, stand, walk and bend for long periods at a time.
- Good attendance record.
- Must have a commitment to contributing to a positive department culture.
- Ability to work as a part of a team in addition to being able to take direction.
- Able to prioritize tasks quickly and work independently.
- Call commitment with 30min response rate.
- Recent OR experience.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program, Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Nursing student.
- Hours: Full time, 40hrs
- Shift: Days, M-F, 4:50am-1:20pm, with on-call/weekend/holiday commitments.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.