How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. In your cover letter, please indicate how you discovered this opportunity.
Reports to: Associate Director, Telefund
Position summary: The Michigan Telefund call center is responsible for over $2 million in annual gifts and employs over 50 students. It is an automated center that calls on behalf of the University, its campuses and units.
The Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive, and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni,
friends, foundations, and corporations.
Who We Are
The vision of Annual Giving is to serve the University of Michigan, its schools, colleges, and units with the highest level of expertise and insight in our field.
Our mission is to maximize private support and alumni participation thus fulfilling the objectives of the University of Michigan by championing the donor’s interests and providing annual giving leadership through the facilitation of a productive, collaborative environment with our constituents.
At U-M Telefund, employee health and safety is our top priority. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all employees who must report to work, We also provide widely spaced work stations
- Make fundraising calls to U-M alumni and friends.
- Maintain productivity levels specific to calling assignments.
- Maintain a high level of customer service.
- Respond to prospect and donor inquiries and concerns.
- Represent the University of Michigan in a positive and professional manner.
- Work with CampusCall software to contact and update records.
- Proactively learn and use knowledge of the University of Michigan, Michigan Telefund, and the Schools, Colleges, and Units.
- Adhere to the program’s calling techniques and processes to connect effectively with prospects to raise funds for scholarships, student support, and others for the Ann Arbor, Dearborn, and Flint campuses.
- Support and promote the mission of Michigan Telefund, the Office of Development, and the University of Michigan.
- Willingness to accept constructive suggestions and follow set procedures.
- Follow all data security and Covid-19 working guidelines.
Required Work Hours: 3 shifts per week (4 hrs p/shift), must include 1 weekend shift minimum. Shift hours:
5:30-9:30pm Monday-Friday and 12:00-4:00pm, 5:00-9:00pm Sundays.
- Outbound call center experience
- Experience in customer service positions
- Ability to effectively ask for and receive financial contributions to the university
- Familiarity with University of Michigan programs and activities
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to accept rejection
- Thrives in fast-paced work environment
- Experience in a fundraising environment
- Reasonable knowledge and experience with MPathways
Office Location: Glazier Building
For additional information about this position and to review other current openings in Development, please visit our website at: https://leadersandbest.umich.edu/careers/home
Although the Posting End Date may indicate otherwise, this job may be filled and closed anytime after a posting duration of seven calendar days.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.