How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Staffing the Check In/Out desk at Dexter Health Center. Providing administrative and operational support to the clinic while demonstrating consistent and exceptional customer service to our patients, their families and coworkers.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
- Appointment Check-In/Out
- Collect co-pays and past balances
- Reconciliation of Cash Drawer
- Appointment Scheduling/rescheduling
- Verify and Update patient demographic information
- Navigate MiChart
- Field basic patient inquiries
- Medical record handling
- Assistant Level: High School Diploma or GED and 0-2 years of equivalent experience
- Associate Level: High School Diploma or GED and 2-3 years of equivalent experience
- Team Oriented
- Computer Proficient
- Exhibit Professional Behavior at all times
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Experience with Family Medicine or Primary Care
- Knowledge of Michigan Medicine policies and procedures
- Experience working with an EMR
- Experience working within a large complex healthcare setting
Dexter Health Center
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Candidates for this position must be available to work a regular late shift per week and rotating Saturdays. Dexter Health Center is typically open until 7 PM on Monday and Wednesdays (currently 8-5 due to COVID) and until noon on Saturdays
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.