How to Apply
The confidential review of applications will occur as they are received and will continue until the position(s) is/are filled.
In addition to applying online, applicants are requested to send the following to the Office of Human Resources – PNE 373 - LEO Lecturer (Behavioral Health) to email@example.com (electronic materials).
- Cover letter
- Current curriculum vita
- Evidence of didactic and clinical teaching experience (teaching statement)
- Three (3) letters of professional recommendation
- Copy of your nursing diploma
- Copy of your nursing license in the State of Michigan is required for this position
- Any certifications
For further information regarding this position please contact Jade at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who We Are
The University of Michigan is a world-class research-intensive, enriched and highly collaborative institution. The UMSN offers a full range of accredited educational programs and is consistently ranked among the top nursing schools in the country. Please visit our website at http://www.nursing.umich.edu/ for more information.
The School of Nursing seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan that extends world-wide, to fulfill the School’s strategic plan, and to sustain the excellence of the School of Nursing.
To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion visit: http://nursing.umich.edu/diversity/dei-faculty-and-staff.
The School of Nursing (UMSN), Undergraduate Program is recruiting nursing professionals with clinical experience in the area of behavioral health to teach PNE 373. This position is a minimum of .21 FTE or approximately 2.5 credits. Specific course times TBD.
PNE 373 -- Title: Behvioral Health Clinical
This clinical nursing course focuses on the care of individuals with emotional, behavioral, and cognitive difficulties that affect functioning. Students will provide care for individuals in acute, outpatient, and community settings. Emphasis will be on building therapeutic communication skills that allow for safe, holistic, and evidence-based care for those with mental illness or in need of interventions that assist people in their daily functioning and promote mental health, considering the influence of developmental stage, families, communities, and culture.
This position includes classroom and/or clinical teaching that may take place in a hospital or clinic setting and may include other on-site work hours, even if the University and/or the School of Nursing is taking part in remote work/alternative teaching.
NOTE: This appointment is for Winter 2021 only.
- A Master of Nursing degree is required.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have both didactic and clinical teaching experience and content expertise in behavioral health in an in-patient setting.
- A nursing license in the State of Michigan is required for this position (current licensure or willingness to obtain licensure).
- Prior to start date must be in compliance with all health requirements including standard precautions such as Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, orientations, licenses/certifications, policies and procedures both internal and external to the University for your assigned classroom(s) and/or clinical site(s).
The terms and conditions of employment for this position are subject to the provisions of a Collective Bargaining Agreement between the University of Michigan and the Lecturer's Employee Organization.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of ten calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.