Why become a Multifunction Svcs Assoc Supr at Michigan Medicine?
At Michigan Medicine, our Multifunction Svcs Assoc Supr are functioning members of our health care team. You will establish and maintain aseptic environmental conditions for large areas within the Medical Center. We will follow all infection control, OSHA and JCAHO (Environment of Care) standards, while responding constructively and professionally to service requests from patients, staff and visitors. Working for Michigan Medicine will provide you with a positive work/life balance, while also allowing you with the opportunity to improve and develop your career. We would love for you to join our creative and fun team!
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous PTO program
- Teaching and mentorship opportunities
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
• Manages Staffing and maintains labor hours for day
• 21 Monthly Quality assurance inspections.
• Assists with discipline, including documenting the employee.
• Answers customer calls and dispatches staff to take care of tasks
• Responsible for at ATP testing at least 4 rooms per month
• Responsible for rounding and speaking with 5 patients about their service daily
• Submission of a monthly report to department leadership based on rounds and meetings with unit leaders in their areas of responsibility.
• Ensures staff have the stock and supplies they need to clean the hospital
• Performs 3 daily hand hygiene audits
• Responsible for achieving Michigan Medicine patient satisfaction scores.
• Responsible for meeting turn time goal of 63 minutes
• Participate in special projects to evaluate new products and test efficacy
• Accurately manage payroll and leave of absence.
• Ability to communicate and developing relationship with people of all levels of organization.
• Address and resolve conflicts directly and constructively, focusing on issues rather than people.
• Hold people accountable for achieving their goals.
• Must be able to drive continuous improvement using the data and reporting tools.
• High School Diploma or GED + 4 years of leading a team of 15 or more team members;
Or Associate Degree + 2 years of leading a team of 15 or more team members;
• Ability to work on weekends, holidays and flexible shifts.
• Must be able to work with cleaning chemicals and equipment.
• Must be able to effectively interact with customers, public and staff.
• Must require attention to legal and regulatory compliance issues.
• Must be able to meet Physical requirements
o Frequent lifting 21-50 lbs
o Constant standing, walking and climbing
o Frequent bending, squatting and pushing/pulling
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.