Assist in the delivery of direct patient care under the supervision of a professional nurse. Supports operational functions in the PACU/Preop at the East Ann Arbor Surgery Center. Assists in obtaining and caring for equipment. Helps maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Assist in patient admission and discharge procedures.
- Obtain and record vital signs. Assist in preparing patients for surgery.
- Assist with preparing patients for discharge.
- Assist with maintaining unit stock. Work in MiChart.
- Assist with front desk reception duties as needed.
- Adheres to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability and flexibility.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member are crucial, as well as being highly motivated and organized, with a strong desire to learn.
- Effective time management, as well as excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Candidate will demonstrate excellent customer service skills as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Works well with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Complete annual mandatory competencies.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent, ability to read and write, and one of the following:
- Junior status in an accredited BSN program
- 2nd year in accredited ADN program
- Bachelors Degree in Applied Medical Science
- a minimum 1-year recent experience in an unlicensed assistive role in a patient care setting, such as nurse aide in a hospital setting
- a minimum two years experience in in an unlicensed assistive role in a patient care setting in a nursing home or other health care environment
Previous experience in an ambulatory care clinical setting or Preop/PACU.
This is a full-time position, 3- 12 hour shifts, with start time of 8a-830pm or 9a-930pm . Will include 2 Saturdays/ month.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.