The University of Michigan has a challenging and rewarding opportunity available for outgoing, organized, and motivated individuals in Corpus Christi, TX. Multiple Field Interviewer positions will be hired as part of a major federally funded research project studying Alzheimer’s and other dementias in Nueces County, TX.
Field interviewers recruit participants and conduct cognitive screenings and in-home interviews with eligible residents. Interviewers enter data directly into laptops utilizing a web-based application. This is a full-time position (40 hrs/week) that requires a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends. This position requires daily travel throughout Nueces County (with mileage reimbursement). NOTE: This study has temporarily suspended in-person contact. Recruitment is currently being conducted by telephone, but some in-person contact with appropriate PPE may be expected. Field staff will be closely monitored by direct supervisor. This is a term limited position lasting one year and may be extended.
Interested candidates should email their resumes to email@example.com
This position is term limited (1 year) and may be extended depending on funding.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Field interviewers are expected to work in a productive and efficient manner. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Recruit participants by visiting or calling residences in assigned Nueces County neighborhoods.
- Perform cognitive screenings in person or by phone to determine eligibility of qualified participants.
- Conduct comprehensive and detailed in-home or telephone interviews with eligible residents following strict methods and procedures in order to ensure research integrity.
- Maintain confidentiality of participants.
- Enter data directly into provided laptops utilizing a web-based application.
- Keep organized records and documentation of work activity and perform other administrative duties daily.
- Participate in weekly meetings and training.
- High school diploma or Assoc degree and 0-1 years’ experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Candidates must possess strong interpersonal and motivational skills and a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Must be comfortable working in unfamiliar locations, knocking on doors, making cold calls, and communicating with people from various backgrounds and socioeconomic groups.
- Candidates must work well in a team environment, be detail oriented, have excellent time management skills, and be able to prioritize tasks and accomplish set goals efficiently.
- Proficient with computers/technical skills (familiar with Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Google Workspaces, Zoom, Windows/MacOS, internet applications, and mobile devices including smart phones). Must be able to troubleshoot.
- Must be willing to travel within Nueces County. Reliable transportation needed.
- Capability to work flexible shifts and adapt to changing work schedules which includes evenings and weekends as needed.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Previous research or field interviewing experience
- Bachelor’s degree
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.