Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Duties of the position includes but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure efficient patient flow in examination rooms
- Provide clinical assistance by taking and recording vital signs; enter or update medications, allergies, health history and other key elements related patient care in accurate and professional manner
- Perform EKGs
- Maintain, order and stock supplies for exam rooms
- Ensure appropriate infection control protocol is followed in our clinical area
- Properly manage equipment to ensure it is well-maintained and ready-for-use
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED.
- Graduation from a MA program or equivalent combination of education and 0-1 years of experience.
- Adheres to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability, flexibility and consistently shares information and resources with others.
- Documented history of excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Effective time management skills/consistently uses available time effectively.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (e.g. ability to provide and receive Constructive feedback, seeks constructive approaches to resolving workplace issues).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Works well with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team setting.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- At the Medical Assistant Associate level:
- 1-3 years or relevant experience.
- At the Medical Assistant leve:
- 0-1 year of relevent experience.
- Working knowledge of MiChart (Cadence, EpicCare).
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Experience in a health care environment.
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting.
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures
Days Monday – Friday hrs may vary 7:30am – 5:30pm
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.