How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This position is responsible for administering vaccinations, per established protocols, based on clinical processes, and vaccine manufacturer guidelines at clinics provided throughout the community. Medical Assistants are responsible for using technology and equipment according to department expectations and policies.
This position is temporary. Clinics run 7 days per week, 7 AM – 11PM.
Please note that these positions do not qualify for UMHS benefits
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
In cooperation with, and under the direction of the on-site RN, the Medical Assistant:
- Administers vaccinations to patients according to clinical processes.
- Assists RN in managing the clinic site, works in collaboration with the clinic team, and monitors clinic supplies/inventory.
- Assists with set-up and break down of clinic area.
- Refers to the Clinic Notebook (containing the signed physicians order for vaccine immunizations and emergency treatment as well as all protocols and procedures) as needed.
- Confirms that all systems are in place before beginning to see patients.
- Documents immunization administration, allergies and deferral reasons in MiChart on site at clinic location.
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant Program
- Two years Medical Assistant experience
- Clear understanding/ability to learn to access Wi-Fi and/or cellular network on laptop computer.
- Experience with electronic medical records
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.