The Pediatric Specialties Ambulatory Care Unit (ACU) is the clinical home for children and families seeking care across multiple pediatric subspecialties at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital. The primary mission of the ACU is to partner with our doctors, nurses and other providers to deliver excellent care and customer service. We are seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic, and self-driven Respiratory Therapist to provide complex patient care to pediatric patients with pulmonary diseases. This individual will share our priorities which include: high quality medical care, excellent customer service, safety of staff and patients, efficiency, employee satisfaction, stewardship of resources and the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
- Perform spirometry, plethysmography, diffusing capacity, Broncho provocation, cardiopulmonary exercise testing and six-minute hall walk
- Perform sweat collection and analysis for the diagnosis of cystic fibrosis
- Assist with flexible bronchoscopies in the operating room and in the intensive care units
- Perform environmental Allergy Testing
- Perform annual respiratory assessment/evaluation of patient devices and home respiratory care for families with complex medical diagnoses
- Calibrate, trouble shoot, and perform QC/QA on all test systems and analyzers
- Prepare, process, and distribute reports to patient EMR and testing systems
- Perform PFT duties in CW ambulatory clinics, as well as various off-site clinics as assigned (East Ann Arbor, Northville, Ypsilanti, Brighton).
- NBRC Registered Respiratory Therapist licensed in the state of Michigan
- raduation from an AMA approved Respiratory Therapy Program, minimum Associate’s degree or an equivalent combination of education of experience
- Minimum of two years’ experience in respiratory care
- Strong computer skills/experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability and desire to test and interact with children from birth to adult and their families
- Ability to prioritize work assignment and be flexible as workload changes throughout the day
- Ability to work closely with a small team in partnership and respect, to provide the best care to
patients and families
- Ability to work closely and respectfully with faculty and staff
- RPFT or CPFT certification
- Asthma Educator Certification
- Knowledge/experience with EPIC EMR
- Experience working with children in a medical setting
- Experience/competency in pulmonary function procedures
- Experience with/knowledge of assisting providers with flexible bronchoscopies
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.