How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position, include your salary requirements, and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
*Resume should highlight your programming experience specifically
Michigan Engineering’s vision is to be the world’s preeminent college of engineering serving the common good. This global outlook, leadership focus, and service commitment permeate our culture. Our vision is supported by a mission and values that, together, provide the framework for all that we do. Information about our vision, mission and values can be found at: http://strategicvision.engin.umich.edu/.
The University of Michigan has a storied legacy of commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). The Michigan Engineering component of the University’s comprehensive, five-year, DEI strategic plan—with updates on our programs and resources dedicated to ensuring a welcoming, fair, and inclusive environment—can be found at: http://www.engin.umich.edu/college/about/diversity.
Who We Are
ECE STAFF MISSION AND VALUES
Michigan ECE Staff creates a welcoming environment that fosters world class collaboration, empowers bold ideas and pursuit of success to enable all to overcome challenges in their quest to be the best.
ECE will strive for excellence and provide our best service to all by embodying the following values:
Motivation and Innovation
We will be empowered to proactively provide excellent service to all and remain open to creativity in solutions.
Comprehension and Communication
We will clearly understand our work and its purpose, and continue to learn and share our expertise in order to foster organized and transparent practices.
Teamwork and Positivity
We will bring positivity when working collaboratively, while embracing diversity and inclusion, and respecting others’ opinions and ideas.
Leadership and Integrity
We will be positive role models by being respectful, responsive, and accountable.
- Programming / implementing bioinformatics processing on cloud-based servers
- Advancing algorithms for matrix manipulation, statistical analysis, efficient data management, handling data compression and sparsity
- Tailoring front-end data-delivery to biologists and bioinformatics community- Documenting software and pipeline architecture
- Optimizing for speed, efficiency, availability, reliability
- Responding to bug reports or feature changes and additions
- MS in mathematics, computer science, (bio)statistics, bioinformatics, physics or relevant major with training in software engineering practice;
- Must be in good academic standing (GPA 3.5 or above);
- Familiar with two programming languages such as C, C++, Java;
- Very familiar with Unix OS;
- Prior experience with programming a software system
- Strong communication skills;
- Motivated and self-driven.
- Prior experience with web application development and deployment
This is a limited appointment through August 31, 2021 with possibility of renewal based on project funding extensions. At the end of the term, the appointment will terminate and will not be eligible for Reduction in Force (RIF) benefits.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.