The Bio-decontamination Machine Operator (BDMO) will use Halo's proprietary hydrogen peroxide vapor (HPV) bio-decontamination equipment throughout Michigan Medicine to perform daily decontaminations on a preventative and proactive basis. The BDMO will operate under the supervision of the Environmental Services Training Specialist Sr. This process will work in conjunction with infection control policies and procedures to sanitize Michigan Medicine rooms that have been identified as needing specialized sanitization. This position has a mandatory accountability for outcomes.
- Report issues while on site to the EVS Training Specialist Sr.
- Perform daily decontaminations.
- Issue Daily Decontamination reports on QuAD.
- Incubate and monitor Biological indicators daily when applicable.
- BDMO will take on responsibility of Lead if/when Lead is unavailable.
- Priority and Missed room sheets.
- Reporting daily decontamination numbers to the Management team.
- Perform routine weekly / monthly preventative maintenance on equipment.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Must have a High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English and be able to follow instructions.
- Must have a positive attitude with good customer relation skills.
- Must be a team player, able to prioritize work and be able to handle stress on a daily basis.
This position may require working days, afternoons, midnights, weekends and holidays.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 7 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.