How to Apply
In addition to your resume, please submit a cover letter where, in 300 words or less, you describe you this role fits your career journey at this time. Your cover letter and resume will also be used to assess written communication skills as this is important for the work.
Being part of something greater, of serving a larger mission of discovery and care — that's the heart of what drives people to work at Michigan. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. It's adding a purpose to your profession. Work at Michigan and become a victor for the greater good.
The Statistical Analysis of Biomedical and Educational Research [SABER] unit is the data coordinating center for several multi-center clinical trials and observational studies. The clinical research data manager is responsible for data collection for multiple projects from multiple sources. You will work with internal and external study members to make sure data is collected, managed, cleaned and reported clearly and accurately from participating study centers. You will report to the Data Management Manager.
The candidate at the Intermediate level will perform the following job responsibilities under general supervision. The candidate at the Associate level will perform these responsibilities under direct supervision.
Project Start-up: Work collaboratively and independently to develop electronic entry screens, databases, and supporting documentation. Test electronic data capture to meet the needs of studies. Help with project management and planning for all aspects of data collection and data processing for research studies.
Study Conduct: Review and resolve data discrepancies with electronic data check systems. Reconcile external data sources and query any issues identified. Maintain all data management documentation following standard practice guidelines.
Study Closure: Perform database close and locking procedures. Perform procedures for archiving research databases. Finalize data management study data and documentation.
Other responsibilities include: Create and review standard operating procedures; work with the programming staff in the development of requirements for applications; create and execute test scripts for user acceptance.
- Associate level: Requires an Associate's degree and 1+ years of experience in a role that supports data management activities with an exposure to data processes and flow.
- Intermediate level: Requires an Associate's degree and 1+ years of experience in data management in a regulatory compliant environment with a working knowledge of data management processes, data cleaning and flow.
- Intermediate level: Experience with EDC software, SQL, and XML.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Adobe.
- Ability to work as a team member and independently; analyze problems in a logical and systematic manner; pay attention to and accurately execute detailed tasks.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate. Please note the salary ranges for each classification:
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.