A position is available for a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Pharmacology. The successful candidate will be expected to conduct research in the field of Adhesion G Protein Coupled Receptors and/or G Protein Signaling. For additional details please see link to the laboratory website: sites.google.com/a/umich.edu/tall-lab/
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Purify recombinant proteins; perform GPCR/G protein enzymatic analyses; and measure GPCR/G protein effector readouts in cell-based assays, and drug/ligand screening against drug targets.
- Ph.D. in Pharmacology/Biochemistry.
- Relevant graduate level experience in GPCR/G protein signaling is required, but previous postdoctoral experience is unnecessary.
- Previous record of publication in high-profile journals
- Extensive biochemical and cell biological experience in purifying recombinant proteins, performing GPCR/G protein enzymatic analyses, measuring GPCR/G protein effector readouts in cell-based assays, and drug/ligand screening against drug targets.
- Expertise in eukaryotic cell culture, molecular biology, and the willingness to work with low amounts of radioisotope chemicals
In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
- Evidence of presentation(s) at national/international meetings and application or awarding of pre-doctoral fellowship awards is a strong plus.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.