Highly motivated individual sought for a Research Laboratory Specialist Associate position in a fundamental research laboratory in the Department of Pharmacology, at Michigan Medicine. The selected candidate will work closely with the lab PI to help assist in research projects focused on GPCR and heterotrimeric G protein signaling mechanisms.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Will design and conduct research experiments in line with the research plan, review progress and evaluate results (with supervision from the PI and senior members of the laboratory).
- Will create research methods and suggest options for improving quality, identify potential problems, recommend and implement solutions.
- Will conduct data analysis, and interpret and implement research methodology.
- Oversee daily laboratory operations, including ordering/inventory, maintenance of OSEH compliance, preparing animal protocols, hazardous waste disposal, may approve time sheets, and organization and maintenance of lab databases.
- May oversee exempt and non-exempt research and support personnel.
- Maintain a small animal breeding colony and will serve has health contact for core animals.
- Will oversee the laboratories’ scheduled cultured cell line growth and maintenance operation (tissue culture).
- May be a liaison with other departments, divisions or organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in a recognized field of science which is directly related to the responsiblities of the position.
- 1+ years related experience.
In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
- Master's degree.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.