How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Radiology Customer Service team is actively seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individual who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for patients, families and employees. The Patient Services Associate provides clerical support in the Radiology reading room while providing excellent customer service to radiologists, technologists, providers, and patients.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 26,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings opportunities
- Generous Paid Time Off program
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Provide prompt and courteous assistance to the Radiologists and all internal and external customers, following the Radiology Gold Service Standards.
- Work closely with Technologist, Clerical Staff, and Radiologits to coordinate and facilitate timely availability of images for interpretation and commnication of results to referring physicians and departments across the health system.
- Identify and make recommendations for improvements in processes and procedures.
- Responsible for follow through and closure of patient care related requests.
- Communicate with technical support teams to report issues and correct reporting and study errors
- Upload outside exams into Radiology systems.
- Process requests to send radiology records to patients and outside hospitals
- Perform a variety of clerical duties such as word processing, answering phone calls, emails, and pages, and preparing paperwork as necessary.
High school diploma or equivalent.
2-3 years of experience
Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team setting
Ability to communicate effectively
Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills
Experience with MiChart/Epic
Knowledge of health system policies and procedures.
Experience working within a large, complex heathcare setting
Knowledge of basic medical terminology
30 hours nights & weekends
UH B1 D240
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.