The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis Rd. Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why join the Michigan Medicine Ambulatory Physical Therapy Team?
Our Spine PTs evaluate and treat patients with disease, injuries, disorders, and disabilities, to relieve pain, enhance and restore functional abilities. We are a premier center for comprehensive, patient-centered care for individuals with acute, sub-acute and chronic back and neck pain that affects their health and productivity. As part of the interdisciplinary care team, you will utilize cutting-edge treatments to maximize the health, function and quality of life for our patients. Join our team and become part of a nationally recognized team of experts.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
Retirement savings opportunities
Generous PTO program
Exposure to innovative and new state of the art technology
Preceptorship opportunities with PT Students
Excellent team environment with positive work culture.
You will have the opportunity to advance your skills in desired specialties and carve out your career in current interest areas or developed interest areas.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- You will learn to thoroughly evaluate and treat patients with acute and chronic spine and musculoskeletal conditions.
- You will master the basic concepts of major treatment paradigms with support to pursue advanced certifications.
- You will have the opportunity to expand your clinical knowledge by working in a rich learning environment with experts in the field of spine and musculoskeletal rehabilitation.
- You will have program development and leadership opportunities as we expand specialty programs and skilled therapy services in this area.
- You will feel confident in clinical decision making to progress patients and modify treatment based on the patients’ needs, medical status and multiple comorbidities.
- You will supervise PT Assistants and act as a Clinical Instructor/Preceptor for Physical Therapy students
- You will have exposure to a wide variety of age groups and diagnoses that will challenge your clinical reasoning skills.
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctor of Physical Therapy degree or and equivalent combination of education and experience
- Completion of an accredited Physical Therapy Program and Clinical Internship is necessary
- Possession of a current licensure as a Physical Therapist in the State of Michigan or License Eligible
- Experience in patient treatment and management related to orthopedic spinal care is helpful
- Board certification, and/or manual therapy certification preferred.
This position is full-time, working Monday through Friday – Day Shift. The position will require working until 7:00 p.m. 2-3 days per week.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.