Michigan Medicine’s C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital School Program is seeking a Certified Teacher for a temporary, full or part-time position to provide educational support and direct instruction for hospitalized patients at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital. The hospital school program has an immediate opening for a temporary teacher to cover weekdays on the inpatient units.
The hospital teacher’s primary role will involve scheduling and providing instructional sessions for patients as well as completing documentation of patient progress towards educational goals. The hospital teacher will also be responsible for meeting with patients and families to discuss educational concerns during their hospitalization and communicating educational updates with schools.
- Current teacher certification.
- Experience in a school setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Experience in a hospital setting or teaching children with chronic medical needs.
- Experience implementing strategies and interventions as well as planning instructional lessons for a wide variety of learners.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.