Michigan Engineering’s vision is to be the world’s preeminent college of engineering serving the common good. This global outlook, leadership focus, and service commitment permeate our culture. Our vision is supported by a mission and values that, together, provide the framework for all that we do. Information about our vision, mission, and values can be found at: http://strategicvision.engin.umich.edu/ .
The University of Michigan has a storied legacy of commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). The Michigan Engineering component of the University’s comprehensive, five-year, DEI strategic plan—along with updates on our programs and resources dedicated to ensuring a welcoming, fair and inclusive environment—can be found at: http://www.engin.umich.edu/college/about/diver
Under direct supervision, the Administrative Assistant provides general support to the Mechanical Engineering Department and the department's Main Office. The responsibilities listed below provide an overall view of expectations for the position.
- Assist with purchasing, eRequisitions, and reimbursements;
- Distribute mail and remain in contact with the relevant parties about packages;
- Assist with event planning and coordination;
- Compile and analyze basic information for inclusion in expense reports or presentation materials, which may include preparing charts, graphs, or tables as necessary;
- Receive and respond to routine correspondence following established Departmental procedures;
- Schedule room reservations, manage calendars, create shipping labels, and order supplies;
- Assist with any other Department assignments as needed;
- Work remotely and on Campus.
Please note that the responsibilities above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed; the precise duties and responsibilities of this position may evolve over time to match changing needs and priorities.
Experience and Skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Self-motivated, highly dependable worker with ability to efficiently and effectively multitask, prioritize, and problem solve;
- Ability to work with a diverse group of staff, faculty, and students, independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Proficiency in computer applications, including spreadsheets, word processing, and database software
- Attentive to detail and able to logically organize large amounts of data and documentation.
- High School Diploma
Prevous experience with University systems and software.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.