How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Write and edit content for a variety of media: school website, newsletters, press releases, social platforms and others. Conduct research for story material online and through in-person interviews (when permitted by university-approved health guidelines). Assist in updating/maintaining content for the school website (si.umich.edu), including writing and posting news stories and student profiles as assigned.
- Strong writing and editing skills; excellent grammar and punctuation; ability to write persuasive promotional copy; ability to proofread carefully.
- Proficient with Google Docs & Sheets, MS Office (Word, Excel), and basic photo-editing / design applications (such as Canva or Photoshop).
- Strong computer skills, with knowledge of website content principles. Content management system experience desirable.
- Academic background in English, public relations, marketing, communications, or journalism suggested and very helpful, but all concentrations considered.
- Must be reliable, responsible and organized.
Due to the pandemic, this position will be remote upon start through at least April, with potential to extend. Reliable computer and high-speed home internet connection will be required. Upon return of on-campus operations: UMSI Maynard office, 309 Maynard St., Ann Arbor.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.