The Division of Cardiology is seeking a full time Clinical Research Coordinator to help manage recruitment for large research studies leveraging digital health technology to deliver lifestyle-based interventions. The primary responsibility will be to recruit participants for a clinical trial focused on cardiac rehabilitation that is operating virtually. The VALENTINE Cardiac Rehabilitation Study is randomizing 220 participants to receive a smartwatch or to receive a smartwatch and a multi-faceted telehealth intervention. The Research Coordinator will be responsible for screening subjects for eligibility and performing remote consent and enrollment visits virtually. Although in-depth experience with digital technology is not required, a basic comfort level with wearable devices like smartwatches and digital health platforms like Zoom will be important. This individual will also assist the team with other clinical trials that will be launching within the next year as well. This individual will be located remotely during the pandemic and later at the University of Michigan North Campus. There will be support with other team members working across similar studies. This is an excellent opportunity for a person who desires a career in human subjects research.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
- Assist in the development and management of intervention protocols and materials, including regulatory materials related to the institutional review board.
- Screen potential research subjects for eligibility.
- Schedule study visit appointments.
- Perform phone calls to patients for screening, consent, enrollment, and follow-up.
- Enter subjects’ research data into an electronic data entry system.
- Assist with organization and storage of research data.
- Track subjects and maintain accurate and detailed study records.
- Perform data management and quality control.
- Generate weekly recruitment reports for the study.
- Troubleshoot basic participant device issues.
- Coordinate participant recruitment with the cardiac rehabilitation team.
- This position requires knowledge of a health-related discipline, supported by a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Must have clinical research experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in both verbal and written form
- Ability to communicate clearly over the phone and through video conferencing
- Ability to work independently and organize own workload is essential
- Reliability is critical, and the candidate must be responsible for all aspects of his/her own projects
- Able to understand some medical terminology
- Experience using Epic and Redcap
- Experience with wearable devices (i.e. Apple Watch, Fitbit)
- Experience with video conferencing software such as Zoom or Blue Jeans
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.