The University of Michigan School of Public Health began its pursuit of a healthier world in 1941. Ranked among the top public health schools in the country, Michigan Public Health educates and trains more than 1,000 graduate and undergraduate students each year. Our interdisciplinary strength empowers us to develop innovative solutions to complex health challenges. We pursue a healthier, more equitable world through education, research and action. We strive to recruit staff members who demonstrate a commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all members of our community.
Michigan Public Health is currently seeking a Marketing and Events Specialist to join the school’s Marketing and Communications team on a temporary basis. This position is anticipated to last three to six months. Reporting to both the Director of Brand Management and the Director of Marketing/PR, this position will play a key role in enhancing the effectiveness of the team through organized and proactive communication with a range of audiences, including prospective and current students, and will contribute to comprehensive event experiences, including virtual events.
The Marketing and Communication team prioritizes creativity, collaboration and communication. We pride ourselves on working together to produce high-quality and impactful work in the most efficient and strategic way possible to advance the goals of the school and its departments.
Candidates for this position should be highly organized with the ability to manage multiple deadlines at once. Experience working in a fast-paced and creative environment while working on projects both independently and collaboratively is important. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds who share our passion for developing innovative solutions.
Michigan Public Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic staff member with a commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all members of our community.
- In partnership with team members and partners within the school, develop and execute strategic email marketing campaigns aimed at engaging a prospective student audience and driving applications.
- Draft copy for email campaigns with compelling content and clear calls-to-action and facilitate review and approval from key stakeholders.
- Coordinate email list updates, build and send email campaigns in Constant Contact, and track open and click-through rates.
- Assist with other marketing efforts, such as website copywriting, as needed.
- In partnership with team members and key school partners, contribute to the strategic planning, management and execution of Michigan Public Health strategic events and programming.
- Create event documentation including planning documents, event briefings, calendars
- Coordinate with external vendors including freelance video editors, AV technicians, printers, logistics providers and caterers.
- In partnership with team members, ensure alignment on key messaging for event attendees including pre- and post-event communications.
- Support key internal collaborations through meeting management, planning and communication with particular emphasis on admitted student events and graduation.
- Develop and maintain project plans for key areas of responsibility
- Document strategic directions through the use of creative briefs
- Manage milestones and key deliverables across all aspects of work
- Prioritize effective communication with team members and school partners
Other duties as assigned in a highly dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and at least 2 years of experience managing marketing or events projects in a complex environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and effectively determine when information needs to be advanced to other decision makers.
- Proven ability to learn quickly, work efficiently and manage multiple projects and priorities at once, while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to both work independently with minimal supervision and work with others within a collaborative, team-based, positive work environment.
- Experience with tools such as Constant Contact, Google office suite, and Slack is desired but training can be provided.
- Experience in an educational environment
We will consider applicants who can work full-time or part-time. Please indicate your schedule preference in your cover letter.
Currently all members of the Marketing and Communications team are working remotely. There may be rare occasions for duties to take place on the School of Public Health campus, but all situations will be discussed to prioritize health and safety.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.