How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Manage all elements of the medical students OB GYN rotation. Assist, advise and counsel students to ensure they have a diverse learning experience that meets all of the educational objectives of the OB/Gyn rotation. Serve as liaison between Medical students, department, affiliated hospitals and medical school.
- Provide decision support to the Education Director for all areas of the Medical Student rotation including process improvement, performance monitoring, best practice analysis.
- Develop and update FAQ portion of student handouts to provide guidance and information based on pattern and frequency of assistance needed
- Primary point of contact for all students
- Provide recruitment mentorship and guidance to students
- Liaison with outside institution and Medical School to provide direction and resolve any issues that affect program
- Contributing member of the departments education committee
- Match Students subspecialty preferences with Faculty that can provide that educational opportunity
- Design a comprehensive schedule for each learner that meets all of the educational objectives
- Ensure that each student has a diverse experience covering all aspects of Obstetrics & Gynecology-OR, L & D, Clinic, and Academics
Exams, Grades and Evaluations
- Select and purchase national exams to be distributed every rotation
- Work with Director to prepare Essay exam
- Check Amadeus for completed evaluations
- Create Speaker Evaluations, collate and analyze scores and write summary to be presented to Education Director and committee
- Provide solutions to repeated comments and suggestions for lecture content analysis
- Send Students NBME Shelf Exam Scores
- Manage all levels of certifications-urogyn module, Uwise Scores, CLTP report
- Work with Clerkship Director to record, track and report all grades
- Work with curriculum to determine lecture rotation
- Contact Faculty to coordinate list of lecturers
- Secure rooms and AV equipment for lecture
- Create Lecture evaluations
- Communicate to all students location and lecture topic
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 or more years of Office or Administrative Support
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Proven ability to successful work in a team/group setting
- Excellent Computer skills (Microsoft preferred)
- Experience in an OB/GYN setting
- Project/Program Management experience
- Experience with Educational/Medical School Curriculums
- Knowledge of University policies
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.