Our Call Center Supervisors help train and motivate call center representatives as they answer questions, handle complaints, and provide support for clients. They assist in hiring and training employees, monitoring representative progress, and coaching them to cultivate the knowledge and skills to provide excellent service to customers.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide direct management to a high number onsite and remote Call Center Representatives.
- Assist in the identification and resolution of operating problems related to call centering, scheduling, and process implementation.
- Oversee payroll, time off/vacation requests & create coverage plans for the for Call Center Representatives.
- Help to oversee and monitor day-to-day call center operations and processes for customer satisfaction, efficiency, and target achievements with the expected service levels: 80% service level, 80% new patient access within two weeks, 5% or less abandonment rate.
- Collect and generate phone & new patient access stat data. Report and share with leadership and call center staff on a weekly basis; utilizing data to assist in recognition, coaching, mentoring, and goal setting.
- Act as liaison between call center staff and others within the clinic. Work directly with faculty, APPs, and nursing staff to resolve scheduling and call center issues.
- Supports projects, process improvement, and deployment of new technology throughout the call center.
To qualify, you must have:
- 3 years’ management/supervisory experience within a call center and/or medical environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, leadership, and customer service skills.
What will make you stand out:
- Experience scheduling outpatient clinic appointments
- Experience utilizing call center software, such as Aspect or Cisco
Join our team for an opportunity to grow professionally in your career where we invest in you. At Michigan Medicine, you will experience:
- The highest quality patient care by placing the needs of the patient first
- A culture of teamwork, professionalism, and mutual respect
- We encourage you to share your acquired expertise with your colleagues and customers, all while providing safer surgery and better outcomes for your patients
- Competitive benefits.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Who We Are
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest hospitals in Michigan and a premier academic medical center made up of:
- U-M Health System
- University of Michigan Medical School and its University of Michigan Medical Group practice
- One of the nation’s largest biomedical research communities
- Michigan Health Corp. — the legal entity that allows the Health System to enter into partnerships, affiliations, joint ventures and other business activities
Why Work at Michigan?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Flexible spending accounts
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Mental and emotional health programs
- Child Care Resources
- Life Insurance
- Legal Services Plan
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
Another reason to Go Blue!
- Nationally Recognized for work/life effectiveness by WorldatWork
- Top 5 employer in Michigan by Crain’s Detroit Business
- Fobes #1 Best Employer in Michigan
- Ranked #11 in the US and best in Michigan “Best Hospitals” rankings for 2020-21
- Five medical specialties ranked in the nation’s top 10 and was ranked No. 1 in the state of Michigan.
- Michigan Medicine ranked #15 in Newsweek’s “World’s Best Hospitals” rankings
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.