The Physician Assistant (PA) Department is seeking to hire an Administrative Assistant Intermediate, Clinical Education Support. This position will provide overall support to the Clinical Coordinator, Medical Director and Program Director. Candidate anticipated start date may be February 15, 2021.
The PA program will prepare students to become exemplary physician assistant practitioners, leaders, and advocates through best practices in teaching, learning, and service to our diverse local community and beyond. The start date for the developing program is January 2021.
- To provide support to the PA department Clinical Coordinator, Medical Director, and Program Director as directed.
- Prepare rountine mailings to students and clinical education facilities.
- Track placements offered by clinical sites and ensure an adequate number is offered for each clinical course.
- Screen, triage and direct incoming calls from students and clincial preceptors.
- Maintain database of clinical education facilities.
- Verify student eligibility to participate in clinical education experiences by monitoring student compliance with clinical education requirements, including health and other requirements.
- Perform course overrides as required.
- Serve as contact person in the absence of the Clinical Coordinator.
- Assemble documents for faculty to visit students.
- Schedule and confirm clinical site visits.
- Serve as an informational resource to students and faculty regarding University policies that apply to the clinical education in the Physician Assistant Program.
- Assist in the drafting and coordination of accreditation reports and annual reports required by the ARC-PA and the PA Program.
- Contribute to preparation of reports to external accrediting bodies as well as internal groups.
- Assist Clinical Coordinator with assigning students to clinical sites, maintaining up-to-date information regarding students and clinical sites and preceptors.
- Assist the Clinical Coordinator with the creation and maintainance of the Clinical Education Handbook.
- Assist with the distribution of the Clinicial Education Handbook to new students at orientation, existing students, and to clinical preceptors.
- Update student health documentation for distribution to all students yearly.
- Handle all event planning for related clinical phase courses.
- Coordinate assessment of students, clinical sites, and clinical preceptors and compile reports of results.
- Set up access and provide assistance to clinical preceptors and students.
- Work with Procurement and Contracts to initiate and ensure affilication agreements for clinical sites.
- Attend PA Program meetings and take minutes as directed.
- Provide administrative office support to all faculty.
- Provide staff support to department task forces as necessary.
- Attend staff meetings as directed by supervisor and department procedures.
- Serve as back-up to other PA Department staff.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of 4 years progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Proficiency with computer programs, such as: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and/or Google and Google Suite applications.
- Interest in and ability to learn new software applications such as EXXAT, WebFocus, WebNow, ImageNow, Qualtrics, EMS, Acalog, Banner, EMAS, and Wolverine Access.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, high-level of critical thinking ability, strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions, exercise initiative, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; work in a team environment and exhibit a positive attitude and a courteous and professional demeanor.
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task, meet deadlines with attention to detail and take ownership of job responsibilities.
- Good attendance record and strong work ethic.
- Service-oriented and have a positive attitude.
- Experience in a graduate level academic setting preferred.
- Prior experience working in higher eduction.
- Possesses advanced technological expertise
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.