How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experiences that directly relate to this position.
The Office of the Registrar is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented Academic Records Assistant Associate to provide support to the Transcripts, Certification and Diploma Department. Primary responsibilities include providing academic and administrative services to students, staff, parents, outside agencies and the public in the areas of the academic record.
Who We Are
Headed by the Interim Vice Provost for Enrollment Management, the Office of Enrollment Management provides campus-wide leadership in executing the strategic recruitment, admission, enrollment, records management and student financial support functions for the university. OEM is committed to envisioning, creating, and sustaining an effort that will lead to the optimal academic, student, and staff experience through the development and implementation of data-driven strategies, collaborative partnerships, and sustained investments in technological resources and a talented and capable workforce. Our reporting units work strategically with the schools and colleges, leveraging expertise and best practices across the Offices of Admissions, New Student Programs, Financial Aid, and the Registrar.
OEM is committed to pursuing deliberate efforts to ensure that our campus is a place where differences are welcomed, different perspectives are respectfully heard and where every individual feels a sense of belonging and inclusion. We know that by building a critical mass of diverse groups on campus including staff, students and creating a vibrant climate of inclusiveness, we can more effectively leverage the resources of diversity to advance our collective capabilities.
For more information about OEM including our diversity, equity and inclusion strategic plan visit the Enrollment Management website.
- Collect, sort, and distribute incoming faxes and department mail.
- Enter transcript requests into M-Pathway’s transcript ordering system.
- Process daily transcript batch jobs including urgent requests for transcripts.
- Complete credit card transactions, create and print UPS overnight shipping labels and generate daily reports. Research and resolve issues associated with expedited shipments.
- Answer telephone inquiries regarding transcript orders, certification requests and diplomas. Provide general information on university policies and procedures.
- Respond to e-mail inquiries using Oracle Right Now CRM.
- Assist special investigators with transcript orders and inquiries.
- Complete a variety of verifications for dates of attendance, enrollment status, degree information, tuition charges, GPA’s, class ranking, and academic standing.
- Research and post degree information to the National Student Clearinghouse’s database.
- Verify accuracy of diploma data and make changes to data as needed.
- Prepare and copy records for imaging.
- Edit, modify and add text to PDF documents.
- Navigate various systems used to facilitate work, specifically PeopleSoft Student Information System, Right Now Customer Relations Management tool, Perceptive Content imaging system, and Digital Reel – BMI imaging system.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of duties with exceptional accuracy and attention to detail under the pressure of deadlines.
- Positive customer service-oriented attitude, flexibility, and the ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to disseminate information accurately and exercise good judgement.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with diverse population.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Experience and/or familiarity with M-Pathways Student Administration system.
- Knowledge of FERPA and other federal/state laws and regulations related to higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate innovative practices into the workplace to enhance effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing work situations and environments.
Please note: There is a need for the selected candidate to independently secure reliable internet access/wifi due to the possibility of a remote work arrangement. This position is typically expected to work on-campus, but may work both in the office and at home upon hire, following public health and University guidelines.
Benefits at the University of Michigan
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.