A meticulous researcher is needed to join our interdisciplinary team -- a federally well-funded and growing international multi-center study of molecular mechanism in renal failure. Our group is an open, international multi-disciplinary research team using worldwide unique samples, expression profiling technologies, data sets and state-of-the-art systems biology analysis tools. For more information, see www.miktmc.org.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
- Conduct cell culture and molecular assays as required including electrophoresis, PCR, real-time PCR, Western blotting, gene expression profiling and ELISA based protein quantification.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of experiments; inventory of materials; analyze data for publication under the direction of the lab director; participate in manuscript preparation.
- Isolates DNA, RNA or proteins from patient samples (fresh, frozen or fixed tissue samples, urine and blood samples).
- Isolates single cell suspension from human renal tissue and blood samples; count isolated cells.
- Performs quality control checks, and quantification, sample tracking, QC/QA procedure.
- Responsible for participating in the day to day operation of the Molecular Nephrology lab. Helps develop, design and conduct research projects according to plan. Implements optimized research protocols, suggesting options for improving quality and recommending solutions. Responsible for maintenance and daily operation of the lab equipment. May assemble, test calibrate, clean or make minor repairs to equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific field
- Meticulous attention to detail, QC/QA procedure and sample tracking
- Minimal 2 years of experience in cell culture and molecular assays as listed in job duties
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with others in a collaborative environment
- Experience in lab operations
- Candidate must have ability to work independently
- Experience with Gene expression Arrays, Next Generation Sequencing technology for DNA and RNA
- Experience in handling material from human subjects
- Good presentation skills is a plus
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.