Provide short-term care and transport of an in-patient during intra-hospital transport for diagnostic tests and procedures. Characteristic duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Observe, monitor and document patient condition, including vital signs and report changes to the medically responsible health care professional.
2. Measures, reports, and records vital signs, manually and per monitor (vital signs are to be taken as prescribed or by protocol).
3. Informs responsible nurse immediately of abnormal findings.
4. Must be able to identify the following arrhythmias:
2. Ventricular fibrillation
3. Ventricular tachycardia
7. Multiple PVCs
5. Document findings on the SWAT nursing flow sheet and centricity as outlined in the Documentation Policy.
6. Provide for the safety of self, patients and others by adherence to the hospital’s safety guidelines, policies, and practices.
7. Uses equipment correctly, per unit policy.
8. Clean equipment and work area.
9. Transport, ambulate, move and lift patients.
10. Assist in positioning patients for procedures, i.e., MRI, CT scanners, ultrasound, etc.
11. Provide comfort measures for patients to include provision of blankets, hot/cold packs, pillows, etc.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
- Current Michigan Licensure as an EMT-P.
- 3 years recent (within one year) experience as a Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills as evidenced by progressive responsibility in ED / pre-hospital setting.
- Excellent clinical skills including but not limited to IV insertion, veni-puncture, and arrhythmia recognition.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure of emergency situations.
- Current Basic Life Support Provider verification.
- Able to make a minimum of one-year commitment to SWAT program
- Advanced cardiac Life Support Provider (ACLS).
- Clinical pediatric experience.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider
- Neonatal Advanced Life Support Provider
- Three or more years as a ALS provider in the hospital setting
- Mobile ICU experience or CCEMTP
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.