How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Collaborate with physicians/providers in providing diagnostic and therapeutic services for Cross-sectional radiology.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
CROSS_SECTIONAL PATIENT CARE TECH ASSOCIATE JOB TASKS:
- Obtain procedure requisitions, write up all the pertinent information and present it to the PA or physician.
- Check MiChart for patient lab data, history, medications- including all blood thinners, and allergies. Relay abnormal results to PA or physician.
- Schedule appointments in MiChart & Outlook for radiology procedures. Enter information into MiChart for specimens to be sent.
- Check MiChart for pertinent imaging on patients, such as IR, CT’s, MR’s, US’s and print appropriate reports.
- Schedule cases with General anesthesia, as needed.
- For inpatients, coordinate transportation, holding of blood thinners, and consent with floor nurse/SWAT.
- Responsible for pre-procedure patient preparation including assisting patient into room and filling out pre-procedure patient information forms. (Consent, billing sheet(s) & discharge instructions.)
- Recheck updated labs before bringing patient into the room.
- Set-up room and procedure trays as directed.
- Assist with specimen preparation for Pathology.
- Maintain procedure cart inventory daily.
- Assist medical personnel with procedure. Log all necessary procedure information on control sheet.
- Load images for volume navigation into ultrasound machine for procedural scanning.
- Post procedure clean up.
- Handle all biohazard specimens following procedures according to compliance.
- Transport specimens to the appropriate department for testing.
- Complete exam and bill for all billable supplies & procedures.
- Maintain stock in all procedure room and order supplies as needed.
- Daily maintenance & check of resuscitation board & O2 supplies.
- Maintain U of M mandatories and BLS certification.
- Triage patient calls as needed.
2 years' patient care experience.
Day shift with occassional holiday requirements.
University Hospital. B1 457
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.