How to Apply
A NOTE ABOUT MPULSE SUMMER 2021 PROGRAMMING
SMTD has decided to move MPulse online for Summer 2021. If you have any questions regarding the job description, please contact Youth & Adult Program Manager Garrett Lefkowitz by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONLINE MPULSE PROGRAM
- Part-time: May 3rd – August 1st, 2021
- Compensation: $15/hr, approx. 25-30 hours/week
The Engagement & Outreach Office Manager is a temporary seasonal position that assists with the daily operations of the Office of Engagement & Outreach summer programs at the University of Michigan School of Music, Theatre & Dance, with a focus on MPulse Summer Performing Arts Institutes. Additional programs the Office Manager may assist with include Adult Summer Intensives and Michigan Youth Ensembles. The Office Manager will also assist with other temporary seasonal staff to guarantee a seamless handling of daily operations of the aforementioned programs.
Reports to: Youth & Adult Programs Manager
- Assist / create communications to parents and students before the start of online MPulse programs.
- Providing email and phone support to program applicants and participants
- Greeting and encouraging participants and faculty; present a warm, professional environment
- Manage the online systems being used by MPulse faculty, students, parents and staff, including : Canvas and Zoom
- Manages the daily program calendar for all MPulse programs, including the scheduling of all online program meetings.
- Help plan and execution of additional MPulse curriculum items including : virtual campus tours and online social activities.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience working with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Exercise a positive service-oriented attitude.
- Current CPR/AED and first aid certifications (offered at staff training).
- A working knowledge of common office application suites (i.e. Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Zoom ).
- Reliable transportation.
A pre-employment background check must be conducted before a candidate may receive a firm offer of employment to a staff position at the University of Michigan.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.