How to Apply
A NOTE ABOUT MPULSE SUMMER 2021 PROGRAMMING
SMTD has decided to move MPulse online for Summer 2021. If you have any questions regarding the job description, please contact Youth & Adult Program Manager Garrett Lefkowitz by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONLINE MPULSE PROGRAM
- Part-time: May 3rd – August 1st, 2021 (approx. 25-30 hours per week, hours will vary week to week)
- Compensation: $7,000
The MPulse Camp Director is a temporary position that oversees the daily operations of the MPulse Summer Performing Arts Institutes at the University of Michigan, School of Music, Theatre & Dance. The MPulse Camp Director is the contact for all participants in the program and will provide logistical services for MPulse participants, parents, and faculty. The Camp Director coordinates with other temporary staff daily to provide a seamless handling of operations.
Reports to: Youth & Adult Program Manager
- Assist with communications to parents and students before the start of MPulse programs.
- Lead and organize all parent and participant welcome meetings.
- Monitor and report on student safety in online programs as instructed by the University’s online “Children on Campus” policy.
- Collect and maintain records for any completed incident reports.
- Communicate with YAP Manager and parents regarding any behavioral issues involving campers.
- Monitor crisis management plan, including emergency procedures.
- Monitor and report about student safety, and safety procedures related to the complete management of campers and staff.
- Field questions from faculty and staff on a daily basis.
- Provide daily office coverage.
- Manage additional MPulse curriculum items including : virtual campus tours, online social activities.
- Oversee daily operations of all MPulse online programs.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Personnel Management
- Manage daily meetings with camp staff.
- Recommends to E&O permanent staff any temporary staff disciplinary procedures.
- Approve or deny temporary staff time off requests.
- Develop a positive working relationship with parents, participants, counselors, MPulse faculty and staff.
- Work with the YAP Manager to review the existing evaluation forms (camper, parent, interns, and faculty.)
- Oversee the entire evaluation process and ensure that all evaluations are sent and collected.
- Write the end of camp report, with input from the camp administrative staff.
- A Bachelor’s Degree.
- Current CPR/AED & first aid certifications (offered at staff training).
- 2 years of prior camp administrative experience.
- Experience working with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Staff management experience
A pre-employment background check must be conducted before a candidate may receive a firm offer of employment to a staff position at the University of Michigan.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.