The University of Michigan-Dearborn (UM-Dearborn) is one of the three campuses of the University of Michigan. UM-Dearborn, a comprehensive university offering high quality undergraduate, graduate, professional and continuing education to residents of southeastern Michigan, and attracts more than 9,000 students. Our faculty come from respected universities and doctoral programs, are recognized for excellence in research and teaching, and are active in professional and academic service roles in their respective fields. US News and World Report recently recognized our campus as a Best Regional University.
The Administrative Assistant for the Student Support Services program works directly with the Director to ensure adequate documentation, evaluation, dissemination of information and other program objectives are being met.
- Maintain the program's budget.
- Organize all staff meetings and arrangements for program travel.
- Work effectively and harmoniously with disadvantaged students as well as other students, faculty, and staff from a wide variety of racial, ethnic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds must be demonstrated.
- Assist with the preparation of all monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Maintain all financial and personnel records.
- Track and maintain all program equipment and inventory.
- Assist with the management of program staff and participant calendars.
- Answer memorandums, prepare letters, and modify forms.
- Proofread all correspondence and submit letters for signatures.
- A high school diploma or state high equivalency certification is required; graduation from an accredited secretarial program is preferred.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and experience with students from low-income, disadvantaged, educational backgrounds.
- Experience working with disadvantaged students is highly desired; experience working in a Trio program is preferred.
- A minimum of three years of successful office experience during which typing duties were of primary importance is required; postsecondary education may be substituted for required experience at the rate of one year of education for one year of experience.
- Must possess minimum computer skills and the aptitude to learn new software quickly.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.