Assist in the delivery of direct care and support operational functions in the Operating Room/PACU/Pre-op/Anesthesia at the Cardiovascular Center Operating Rooms. Assist with patient admission and patient care. Assist with transfer from the Pre-Op Holding to the Operating Room, transfer from Operating Room to PACU and transfer to other units as needed. Perform pre-operative patient shave preparation and routine lab tests. Assist in preparing the O.R. for surgery. Responsible for setting up, stocking, and cleaning Preop/PACU/Anesthesia. Assist in the preparation of surgical equipment and assist with inventory. Assist with preparation of rooms including cleaning, pulling trash, linen and reorganizing to follow surgical procedures. Obtain and deliver supplies and equipment from other departments.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
- Assist in the delivery of direct care and support operational functions in the PACU/Pre-op/Anesthesia at the Cardiovascular Center Operating Rooms.
- Assist with patient admission and patient care.
- Assist with transfer from the Pre-Op Holding to the Operating Room, transfer from Operating Room to PACU and transfer to other units as needed.
- Perform pre-operative patient shave preparation and routine lab tests.
- Responsible for setting up, stocking, and cleaning Preop/PACU/Anesthesia.
- Assist in the preparation of surgical equipment and assist with inventory.
- Assist with preparation of rooms including cleaning, pulling trash, linen and reorganizing to follow surgical procedures.
- Obtain and deliver supplies and equipment from other departments
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent, ability to read and write, and one of the following:
- Junior status in an accredited BSN program
- 2nd year in accredited ADN program
- Bachelors Degree in Applied Medical Science
- a minimum 1-year recent experience in an unlicensed assistive role in a patient care setting, such as nurse aide in a hospital setting
- a minimum two years experience in in an unlicensed assistive role in a patient care setting in a nursing home or other health care environment
- Good attendance record
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer relations
- Must have a commitment to contributing to a positive department culture.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team in addition to being able to take direction.
- Able to prioritize tasks quickly.
Two years of recent OR/PACU experience (within 5 years).
Hours: Full time, 40hrs
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.