The Department of Pathology is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the role of Administrative Assistant Intermediate Healthcare. The chosen candidate will provide administrative support to the Anatomic Pathology department at Michigan Medicine. Support includes coordinating staff meetings, calendaring, providing assistance to team members, conducting travel arrangements, and reimbursements. The role may also include other assigned duties in support of the department.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
- Provides clinical administrative support to pathologists (faculty, fellows and residents)
- Completes all tumor board materials weekly
- Attends regularly scheduled meetings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite software and other software programs.
- Identifies problems and sometimes needs assistance to find resolutions. Seeks assistance from Senior 1, Senior 2, and/or Team Lead to solve problems.
- Maintains calendars and other organization tasks for faculty.
- Maintains CV and other certification documents for faculty.
In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
- Medical terminology through coursework or experience.
- Associate’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Minimum of two years of administrative support experience.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and web-based applications are necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills; ability to work independently with general supervision and maximum collaboration in a team environment.
- Strong customer service skills in all interactions.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people in a diplomatic and effective manner.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstration of commitment to Service Excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Michigan Medicine experience.
- Knowledge of University policies, rules, and regulations is desired.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.