Michigan Medicine is seeking a part-time Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) to provide nutrition care to pediatric and adult patients within the Ketogenic Diet program. This position will perform nutrition assessments and develop nutrition care plans using the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Nutrition Care Process. The RDN hired for this position will provide recommendations for nutrition intervention, participate in daily rounds with the multidisciplinary team and conduct nutrition education. The RDN in this position will display a high level of customer service, attentiveness and consideration to patient care while providing evidence-based medical nutrition therapy including enteral and parenteral nutrition.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
The incumbent will also:
- Be supervised by Clinical Nutrition Services Manager.
- Be a liaison to the multidisciplinary health care teams for patient care unit(s) and medical/surgical services of responsibility.
- Work closely and cooperatively with Registered Dietitian Nutritionist peers.
- Rotate as work group team leader.
- Abide by Michigan Medicine’s policy for the proper use of patients’ Protected Health Information.
- Participate in departmental and interdisciplinary meetings, task forces, and projects.
- Complete competency assessments and maintaining competency standards and outlined by the Department of Patient Food and Nutrition Services.
- Contribute to the training and orientation of new employees.
- Work a specified shift and ensuring appropriate Registered Dietitian Nutritionist coverage during the hours of operation established by the Department of Patient Food and Nutrition Services.
- Accurately report productivity and time study data as required.
- Contribute to caseload smoothing within and among Registered Dietitian Nutritionist teams.
- Adhere to deadlines established by the Nutrition Services Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree granted by a U.S. regionally accredited university or college or foreign equivalent, and coursework through an Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) for Coordinated Program in Dietetics (CP).
- Completion of 1200 hours of supervised practice through and ACEND accredited Dietetic Internship, Coordinated Program in Dietetics or an Individualized Supervised Practice Pathway (ISPP) offered through an ACEND accredited program.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) with active registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Must have experience with inpatient medical nutrition therapy including nutrition support therapy.
- Walk through and stand in the patient care environment for extended periods of time to complete nutrition assessments and participate in interdisciplinary rounds as required.
- Master’s Degree in nutrition-related field.
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Certified Nutrition Support Clinician (CNSC)
- Certified Specialist in Oncology Nutrition (CSO)
- Certified Specialist in Renal Nutrition (CSR)
- Certified Specialist in Pediatrics (CSP)
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.