How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This position supports clinical research efforts in the area of Child Psychiatry. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, research coordination (including providing scheduling support, interacting with participants to conduct the informed consent process, obtain study measures), monitor and conduct EEG scans as well as assist in the data collection and participant navigation of behavioral tasks during study visits, data analysis and data entry, and ability to work on short-term projects as requested. Applicants must have an understanding of EEG administration with preschoolers and be able to conduct research study visits independently.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, research coordination (including providing scheduling support, interacting with participants to conduct the informed consent process, obtain study measures), monitor and conduct EEG scans as well as assist in the data collection and participant navigation of behavioral tasks during study visits, data analysis and data entry, and ability to work on short-term projects as requested.
- Bachelors Degree and 1-2 years of research experience with children as young as age 3 required.
- Proficiency in EEG administration, data management, including reporting and analysis, and study management are necessary.
- Experience conducting clinical research studies required, including experience working with teams to implement study protocol during clinical study visits with young children.
- Ability to work well in team environment as well as independently is required.
- Some flexibility in schedule is necessary for the role, including weekends and evenings.
- Experience managing multiple studies simultaneously, IRB and regulatory compliance knowledge, including reporting and data sharing processes.
M-F, 9-5 with flexibility to accommodate participant needs outside of these hours, including evenings and weekends.
Rachel Upjohn Building
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan participates with the federal EVerify system. Individuals hired into positions that are funded by a federal contract with the FAR EVerify clause must have their identity and work eligibility confirmed by the EVerify system. This position is identified as a position that may include the EVerify requirement.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.