How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
Provide direct support for the Leadership team of the Central Staffing Resource Department which is a 24/7 operation. Utilize extensive computer skills and programs in all aspects of the job responsibilities. Proficiency in departmental staffing processes. Participate in project work, workgroups and maintenance of personnel/staffing reports, Generate a variety of computer reports and spread sheets. Utilize multi-line phone system in many aspects of the work flow. Advise management of trends, concerns and suggested measures to maintain standards and continued improvements. Participate in Quality Improvement activities and ongoing departmental auditing and self-monitoring activities. Exhibit exemplary customer relation skills in interacting with various managers and department staff. Complete project work as assigned by manager.
- High School diploma or equivalent and more than 3 years of experience
- Three to five years performing responsible office duties or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with OneStaff computer scheduling system
- Ability to manage timekeeping data from multiple sources
- Good knowledge base of Nursing Contracts
- Knowledge of University and CSR Department procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Able to utilize tracking and follow up skills to monitor and coordinate a large volume of work.
- Demonstrate attention to details. Able to work under pressure when a high degree of accuracy is required.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal/written communication skills
- High level or organization and time management skills
- Excellent attendance
- Two years or more of college education
- Critical thinking skills and decision making experience
- Experience working in the clerical and nursing scheduling books in the CSR Central Staffing Office
- Must be able to work every other weekend, be available for on-call shifts and work some holidays
This is a night position and works every other weekend, on call shifts and some holidays.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.