How to Apply
Submit a cover letter or resume detailing any prior technical experience and listing any engineering courses completed with date(s) of completion and grade.
Facilitate the preparation of the new engineering workshop and labs for future instruction by assisting Engineering Technician Greg Keller with the installation of new equipment and set up of all labs
- Help set up and organize the machine shop area with tools, tooling, fasteners and with moving all existing inventory into new storage cabinets, which will require labeling
- Assist with the set-up of new equipment such as 3D printers and engineering lab items for fluids and thermodynamics
- Prepare test samples for material lab and help set up electronics lab
- Work with SOLIDWORKS to design parts for CNC machining or 3D printing
- Assist with updating safety training procedures for the new shop areas
- Other related duties
Current UM-Flint student with some engineering related coursework completed or with some prior technical experience.
This position is for the Winter 2021 term and will end by May 31, 2021.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of three calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the fourth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.