How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Athletic Trainer Intern will work directly with coaches, physicians, athletic counseling and sports psychology personnel, sports dietitian, strength and conditioning personnel, and other allied health personnel to deliver comprehensive healthcare and lifetime wellness services for University of Michigan student athletes. The Athletic Trainer Intern will have a wide range of clinical and administrative daily responsibilities to include the prevention, evaluation, management, treatment, and rehabilitation of student athletes; pre participation physicals; inventory management of supplies and equipment; maintaining medical records; completing required insurance claims; daily interaction, communication, and relationship building with coaching staff, strength and conditioning and sports performance personnel, physicians, fellow athletic trainers, other members of the medical community, and athletic administration; attending team practices and events; supervising other athletic trainers and athletic training students; assisting with various administrative duties; and performing other duties as assigned.
- Work with Coaches, physicians, athletic counseling and sports psychology personnel, sports dietitian, strength and conditioning personnel and other allied health personnel to deliver comprehensive healthcare.
- Clinical and administrative daily responsibilities include but are not limited to prevention, evaluation, management, treatment, and rehabilitation.
- Pre Participation physicals.
- Inventory management.
- Maintain Medical Records.
- Complete insurance claims.
- Interact with coaching staff, strength and conditioning, sports performance personnel, physicians, fellow athletic trainers and Student Athletes on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in athletic training or a related field.
- Compliance and understanding of Big Ten Conference and NCAA rules.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for entire shift.
- Routinely moves heavy coolers, medical kits, injured athletes, etc.
- Certified Athletic Trainer by the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification (NATABOC).
- Ability to meet Continuing Education requirements as established by the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification and the State of Michigan.
- Familiarity with sport specific injuries.
- Working knowledge of electronic medical records system.
- Athletic Training Student preceptor experience.
The University of Michigan Athletic Department is dedicated to building a department culture which demonstrates respect for all, shows compassion for others, and celebrated the differences among our staff, student-athletes, and supporters. We are committed to the hiring and development of diverse staff who contribute to an inclusive environment.
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.