How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
• Efficiently screen for potential subjects through MiChart and extract data elements from MiChart using tools like Data Direct, EMERSE, etc. Working knowledge of oncology medical terminology is preferred and/or willingness to learn these concepts.
• Staff members are expected to work well in a team setting, but also independently when appropriate and regularly exercise good judgment in setting priorities, resolving operational problems, and applying policies, procedures, and methods, while maintaining the strictest of data and patient confidentiality at all times.
• Assist with collection of medical records and data for study related projects. Proficiency with the RedCap database is highly desired. Must ensure compliance with protocols, HIPAA, adherence to good clinical practice guidelines, FDA regulations, and all other federal, local, and University guidelines for clinical research.
• Other duties as assigned or required for the research project including assisting with database management and support. Assist in maintenance of essential documents including responsible completion of case report forms and accurate source documentation. Upload images, request records, and file documents appropriately for audit readiness.
Bachelor degree and some working knowledge of basic science research, medical terminology and the health care system. This is an entry level position.
Bachelor's of Science and/or previous data abstraction experience using RedCap.
This is a three-year term limited position. Performance will be evaluated on an annual basis. Term limited employees are not eligible for RIF rights.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.