The Cancer Center Business Team is a Michigan Medicine Ambulatory Care Team dedicated to providing high quality & comprehensive Financial Clearance for all Adult & Pediatric Cancer clinic services. We are actively seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-focused individual who will share in our goal of crafting the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
As a Patient Service Intermediate (PSI) with Michigan Medicine, you will use a variety of clerical, computer and interpersonal skills. We’ll work with you to master our electronic medical record (MiChart) and scheduling systems (Cadence). You will work directly with other departments to coordinate patient care. Our PSI Team is a close-knit group with a focus on patient care that provides continual learning opportunities. This is a full time, 40 hours/week position.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
- Obtain insurance approvals for Adult & Pediatric Cancer Clinic Services.
- Review patient benefit level in order to determine cost share out of pocket expense for upcoming procedure and infusions services.
- Provide Insurance Verification for coverage changes.
- Contact appropriate third party representatives for information and assistance with determining benefit level when online resources are not available
- Resolve problems with payers prior to service
- Manage daily work queues
- Diagnosis review (ICD-10) for in clinic injections, including Local Coverage Determination, National Comprehensive Cancer Network Compendium, contact providers for non -covered diagnosis and discuss options, including contacting payer for Medical Director review
- Incorporate and practice Lean principles into daily work
- Function as a collaborative and contributing team member
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service skills
- Work closely with Clinical Teams to provide an ideal patient experience
- Initiate telephone triage inbasket notes; document according to specified clinic standards.
- Complete routine referrals
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 - 4 years of experience.
- Candidates for this position must be dependable and team oriented.
- Mi-Chart experience
- Working knowledge of Insurance & authorizations
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Must have experience in a healthcare setting.
- Must exhibit professional behavior at all times
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Ability to multi-task and produce high quality work in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner
- Demonstrates excellent attendance record and ability to work independently
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.