How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
To assist Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Assistants in the delivery of patient treatment programs and associated functions.
- Prepare treatment area, mobility equipment, exercise equipment, and/or ambulatory aids for patient care.
- Transfer patients to and from exercise equipment or treatment mats/tables/beds.
- Perform treatment procedures in accordance with programs planned by the Physical or Occupational Therapist.
- Provides additional physical assistance during the provision of patient care.
- Participates in ongoing maintenance programs for patient care equipment.
- Responsible for inventory and maintaining a sufficient quantity of treatment supplies.
- Transport patients as needed.
- Process patient care orders using the electronic ordering system may be required in certain areas.
- This position requires extensive standing/walking, as well as lifting, positioning, pushing, and/or transferring of patients
- A high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Ability to understand and communicate information both orally and in writing is necessary. .
- Some experience working with patients in physical or occupational therapy is desirable.
Monday - Friday; Days
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.