How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
We have an exceptional career opportunity for an individual experienced in customer service within the medical field who would like to join a close-knit group of physicians, nurses, and other healthcare team members at the Michigan Medicine Center for Facial Cosmetic Surgery, located in Livonia, Michigan on Haggerty Road, between 7 & 8 mile road. Our practice employs six full-time facial plastic and reconstructive surgeons, one full time medical aesthetician, one full-time nurse, as well as several medical assistants and patient service representatives. The ideal candidate must be customer-service focused, possess excellent interpersonal, multitasking, and organizational skills. They will function as a part of the clerical team to help manage patient flow.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Check in and Check out patients
- Schedule patient appointments with patients and/or referring clinic.
- Monitor waiting area activity and assure a clean, organized, and safe environment.
- Promote personal comfort and convenience of patients and families by routinely checking their needs.
- Provide information regarding hospitals and community services as needed.
- Process and compile patient paperwork for exams and clinical staff.
- Answer incoming phone calls and triage to appropriate location.
- Accurately record any phone messages and assure they are forwarded appropriately.
- Call patients to remind them of upcoming appointments.
- Utilize paging system to contact appropriate staff as required.
- Prepare patient itinerary and all other appropriate correspondence.
- Complete multiple tasks independently
- Assist with other operational tasks as necessary
- Problem solve independently and as a part of your team
- Perform other duties as needed
- Obtain necessary medical records for our providers.
- Manage in-basket message
- Collect payments from patients
- Participate in marketing events and maintain knowledge of cosmetic products and services.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Documented history of excellent attendance and punctuality along with excellent interpersonal skills and customer relations
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced clinic
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting
- Communicates effectively
- Knowledge of Epic/MiChart and Aspect
- Medical Terminology strongly preferred
- Computer skills and familiarity with computer applications, including EPIC and Microsoft Office
- Previous experience working in a patient care setting
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.