A cover letter is required to apply for this role.
Check in items from Bulk deliveries so that items can be put into inventory. Track and log all delivery errors. Receive and stage all DTV and NS orders and log all errors associated with those orders.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
- The role of the logistics coordinator on midnights is to verify, receive, and stage all BULK product to be put away onto the warehouse shelves, coordinate delivery of this shipment with O&M, verify, pack, and stage all non-stock products to their proper locations for delivery during day and afternoon shift. The logistics coordinator is the primary contact on the receiving dock and assists with directing delivery drivers throughout the hospital when needed
- 1-2 years shipping & receiving background
- 1-2 years experience leading a team with proven record of progressive responsibility
- Proficient computer skills (type 30+ word a minute)
- Proficient in Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to demonstrate a record of increased responsibility, solving routine problems, leading a shift or area specific team(s) and working on simple projects alone and in teams.
- 1-2 Years customer service experience
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes
- PeopleSoft experience
- Health Care experience
Monday through Friday 8:00PM-4:00AM (Days) 1 FTE
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.