How to Apply
A cover letter and resume detailing relevant work experience is required for consideration. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. All applications must be submitted through the U-M job site: http://umjobs.org
The CHRT Senior Financial Analyst will provide high-level financial support to various programs and initiatives that fall under CHRT. This position requires an individual who has excellent customer service skills, with the ability to interact in a positive, professional and courteous manner with a broad range of people. This person must be able to organize and prioritize tasks and be self-motivated. This person needs to be able to work well independently as well as in team and be flexible and resourceful in resolving issues. The candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to compose effective business correspondences.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Who We Are
The Center for Health & Research Transformation (CHRT) inspires and enables evidence-informed policies and practices that improve the health of people and communities. CHRT is an affiliated but independent 501c3 organization housed at the University of Michigan / Michigan Medicine. CHRT’s revenue comes from a combination of corporate sponsorships, grants and contracts.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The Center for Health and Research Transformation seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. For more information about us, please visit www.chrt.org
45% Financial Management
- Prepare professional presentation materials to be used internally and externally, including materials for the CHRT Board of Directors.
- Develop of budget and forecasts, including an analysis of variance trends.
- Partner with Business & Finance Director on the development of annual operating budget
- Work collaboratively with each programmatic area and division on the development of their budgets.
- Prepare appropriate schedules and reports as requested.
- Work with CHRT Accountant on accounts payable and accounts receivable functions as needed.
40% Financial Strategy & Advising
- Partner with project areas to map out staff resources to meet organizational strategic goals.
- Manage workforce capacity reports, tracking and forecasting.
- Coordinate and prepare internal and external financial statements as required.
- Provide management with information vital to the decision-making process.
- Develop and monitor business performance metrics.
- Compile and prepare reports, graphs and charts of data focused on forecasts and analyzes of trends in operational activity, staff utilization, finance, and general business conditions
- Assess current accounting operations and offer recommendations for improvement and implementation of new processes.
10% Financial Liaison
- Manage Washtenaw Health Initiative (WHI) financials, includes staff support to the WHI Finance Committee, develop funding strategy outline, provide materials for WHI governance and internal project staff.
5% Other projects and duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
- Outstanding communicator, with strong writing, speaking and presentation skills
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and standard business practices
- Proficiency in detailed financial analysis and reporting
- Ability to generate accurate financial reports within established timelines
- Extensive knowledge and experience using Excel and advanced spreadsheet functions.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team
- Excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with staff at all levels and varying levels of financial and budgetary knowledge
- Well-organized, able to establish priorities, meet deadlines, manage multiple projects and function with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- 5-8 years of progressively responsible experience in financial management, financial analysis, forecasting, and budgeting, with a clear understanding of accrual and non-profit accounting standards
- 2-5 years of financial management experience
- Proficiency with QuickBooks accounting software, including generating customized reports
- Experience with Planful (Host Analytics) or other financial planning & analysis software
- Experience in budgeting and internal controls
- Experience in developing financial dashboards and data visualization.
Due to the COVID-19 climate, we are currently working remotely. If the selected candidate is not in/near the Ann Arbor area, there is the possibility to have this position be permanently or mostly remote when staff are allowed back in office.
Remote staff are provided with a monitor, laptop and related accessories. Office equipment such as desk, chair, and printer are not provided for remote work and staff must supply their own reliable internet access. Basic supplies such as paper and pens, are stocked at the business location and are available to remote staff for pick-up should they choose.
There may be occasions where the staff member will need to report the office in Ann Arbor, including meetings, training, computer or technology requirements, or to complete work that is not possible to handle remotely.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
The salary will be determined based on educational background and level of experience. This is a full time position with full University of Michigan benefits. Flexible work-schedules can be accommodated.
This is a full-time position offering a competitive benefits package through the University of Michigan including health care insurance, dental and vision plans, retirement plan eligibility, Paid Time Off program, Child Care and Health Care Reimbursement Accounts, and a complement of Disability and Life Insurance.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.