Assist in the delivery of direct patient care under the supervision of a professional nurse. Supports operational functions in the PACU/Preop at the East Ann Arbor Surgery Center. Assists in obtaining and caring for equipment. Helps maintain a safe and clean environment.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Assist in patient admission and discharge procedures.
- Obtain and record vital signs. Assist in preparing patients for surgery.
- Assist with preparing patients for discharge.
- Assist with maintaining unit stock. Work in MiChart.
- Assist with front desk reception duties as needed.
- Adheres to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability and flexibility.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member are crucial, as well as being highly motivated and organized, with a strong desire to learn.
- Effective time management, as well as excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Candidate will demonstrate excellent customer service skills as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Works well with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Complete annual mandatory competencies.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent, ability to read and write, and one of the following:
- Junior status in an accredited BSN program
- 2nd year in accredited ADN program
- Bachelors Degree in Applied Medical Science
- a minimum 1-year recent experience in an unlicensed assistive role in a patient care setting, such as nurse aide in a hospital setting
- a minimum two years experience in in an unlicensed assistive role in a patient care setting in a nursing home or other health care environment
Previous experience in an ambulatory care clinical setting or Preop/PACU.
This is a full-time position, 4-10 hour shifts, with start times 9a-730pm, 10-830pm and 11-930pm. Will include 2 Saturdays/ month.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.