The laboratory of Dr. Kyoung Eun Lee is looking for a highly motivated, organized individual who is a recent college graduate or will soon graduate for a full-time Research Laboratory Technician Associate in a basic science research laboratory housed in the Department of Pharmacology at the University of Michigan Medical School. As the selected candidate, you will work closely with the principal investigator on pancreatic cancer research using mouse and cell culture models.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing general solutions, dishwashing and autoclaving
- Maintaining lab inventory and ordering supplies/reagents
- Maintaining and monitoring mouse colonies
- Processing mouse tissues
- Assisting mouse survival surgery
- Performing mammalian cell culture
- Performing standard molecular biology work, including DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, and immunostaining.
- Recording research results in a neat and timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, Immunology, Cellular & Molecular Biology or a related discipline.
In order to be considered for this position, the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior the start date of employment.
- Proficiency in part or all of the following:
- Mouse handling/breeding
- Fluorescence microscopy
- Mammalian cell culture
- At least 1 year of biomedical laboratory research experience.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.