The primary responsibility for this position is conducting semi-structured telephone interviews regarding access to health care in the state of Michigan. Interviews will take place at the offices of the Child Health Evaluation and Research (CHEAR) Center. This position will provide training and experience in survey research methods.
- Conduct interviews using a structured protocol
- Record interview responses using a computer-assisted data entry module
- Participate in quality assurance and performance improvement activities
- Outstanding performers will have opportunities to become shift supervisors
- Ability to communicate clearly and politely via telephone
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong computer/keyboarding skills and familiarity with Windows-based computing
- Ability to work well with others in a shared workspace
- Reliable and punctual attendance
- Experience conducting professional interactions by telephone
- Comfort talking with people from diverse backgrounds
- Individuals fluent in Spanish or Arabic should note that on application
- Standard schedule can range from 8-30 hours per week, depending on availability
- Hours range from 10 am to 8 pm
Starting pay rate is $15-$20/hour depending on qualifications
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.