Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Evaluate and treat patients with diseases, injuries, disorders and disabilities, to relieve pain, develop or restore function and enhance maximum performance.
- This position will rotate within our adult Medical/surgical and Cardiovascular Acute Care Teams.
- Therapist will rotate to a wide variety of patient populations within Adult Acute Care including orthopedic surgery, general surgery, trauma burn, general medicine, cardiovascular, neurological and pulmonary.
- Master's or DPT degree in physical therapy or an equivalent combination of education and expereince is necessary.
- Possession of a current state license to practice physical therapy in Michigan is required.
- Satisfactory completion of an internship program.
- Demonstrated proficiency in patient treatment is necessary.
This position will include a permanent weekend day as well as some holiday hours.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.